Categories of persons who do NOT require visas:
- Persons in possession of valid permit or pass.
- Ship’s passengers arriving and departing by the same ship, and who do not leave the ship.
- Aircraft passengers transiting through Kenya, and who do not leave the international transit area of the international airport in Kenya.
- Holders of a laissez-passer issued by one of the organizations listed here below (a-q), while on official business for the organization in question, and upon presentation of an official document from this organization:
- United Nations (UN)
- African Union (AU)
- African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA)
- International Red Locust Control Organization for Central and Southern Africa (IRLCO-CSA)
- Desert Locust Control Organization (DLCO)
- Common Market for Eastern & Southern Africa (COMESA)
- International Monetary Fund and World Bank (IMF/World Bank)
- Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
- African Airlines Travel Association (IATA)
- Environment Liaison Centre International (ELCI)
- Union of Radio, Television Network of Africa (URTNA)
- International Labor Organization (ILO)
- Preferential Trade Area/Common Market of East & Southern African Bank (PTA/COMESA)
- European Union (EU)
- International Potato Centre (CIP)
- African Reinsurance Corporation (ARC)
- Diplomatic and Service Passports from The Islamic Republic of Iran for a period not exceeding (30) Days stay.
- Diplomatic, Official, Special, and Service Passports, from The Republic of Turkey and members of their families holding valid Diplomatic, Official, Special, and Service Passports, while on Transit or Stay not exceeding ninety (90) days.
- Diplomatic, Official or Service Passports from the Federal Republic of Brazil for a period not exceeding ninety (90) days.
- Serving Members of the British Military (are exempted from visa formalities).
- The manifested crew of ships and aircraft passing through or stopping in Kenya for periods not exceeding seven (7) days in the case of air crew and fourteen (14) days for ship’s crew.
- Owners of private aircraft stopping over for refueling in Kenya and who do not leave the precincts of the airport.
A. Citizens of countries whose nationals do NOT require visas
|Belize||Malawi||St. Vincent & the Grenadines|
|Cyprus||Nauru||Trinidad & Tobago|
|Dominica||Papua New Guinea||Tuvalu|
B. Countries whose nationals do NOT require visas if they stay in Kenya for MAXIMUM ONE MONTH:
- South Africa
C. Citizens of countries whose nationals may be issued with visas on application provided that they meet the requirements of Visa Regulations.
Antigua & Bermuda
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Central African Rep.
China (People’s Republic)
Congo,Republic of the (Congo Brazzaville)
Cote d’ Ivoire/ Ivory Coast
Congo,Democratic Republic of the (Congo Kinshasa)
Hong Kong (SAR)
Myanmar (formally Burma)
Sao Tome and Principe
Serbia and Montenegro
Taiwan (Endorsement made on a paper visitor’s pass)
United States of America
United Arab Emirates
Yugoslavia-and also Former States of Yugoslavia
- (i) Delegates attending regional or international conferences, meetings, workshops, seminars and courses sponsored by regional or international organisations of which Kenya is a member.
(ii) Spouses and children accompanying delegates who fulfil the requirements of paragraph above may be issued with visas on application.
- (i) Diplomats travelling to take up assignments/ appointments in Kenya provided that they produce documentary evidence.
(ii) Spouses and children accompanying such diplomats.
- (i) Diplomats and government officials travelling to Kenya to conduct official business or transiting through Kenya provided that they produce documentary evidence.
(ii) Spouse and children accompanying such diplomats and government official.